Johnny dashed out to the bump and started for the homers, backed by a
By the time we had played through five, we were down by quite a few, and Chris and Sean and Mitch and Bob had doubles and triples, some of them had more than one. We were doing our best to keep it close, and at one point we made a some pretty great plays to stop rallies before they got embarrassing, including a relay play at the plate from a long ball in the outfield.
However, it just wasn't meant to be for us, and as we got into the 9th, and needed to mount a rally, but we weren't quite able to conjure up a comeback. So instead we talked the homers into sticking around for a 10th inning. Unfortunately, our
The ballers in the parking lot were still there, listening to a pre-season football game, which showed what kind of guys they were. The captain of the
* Johnny pitched a great complete game, and kept us off balance with his mixture of guile and locations.
* Cagle and Chris made some amazing plays on ground balls at third and short, simply amazing.
* Girgus made for a very reliable center fielder for the whole game, with a few exceptions in the getting out of the way of the falling fly ball rather than blocking it
* Richie stole second, stole third, stole home. Easy.
* Sean killed the fucking ball all day
* Cagle was caught in a baserunning play again, not a streak we like to see continue
* Girgus had a great bunt
* JT came late, got out to right field and promptly made a much needed catch
* Nick Kinsey returned from the great beyond and had a couple of hits
* For a beat up of a game, I think may have had 6 or 7 strike outs, including Sean and Lattig, who I have not struck out since roughly 2004.
* Anthony made a great catch, and then later got caught short when Bob lambasted a change up into space
* Mitch grabbed the short flies and long drives, and as usual, made it look easy
* Nero made a nice grab at first, and scooped up a shovelful of dirt in the process
Next week, Cop field, 3 pm. Dig it, man.