Nothing better than back to back Sunday ball playing.
Mrs. Paige has been very generous is allowing me to make up for some lost time with the team, and I am loving every moment. The game on Saturday featured the best weather that we never actually experienced. Seriously, about 6 blocks to the east, it was sunny and hot and clear. At the field, it was foggy and humid, and slightly windy. Weird weather.
I started for the visitors again and Carter started for the homers. We were quickly into another hotly contested affair, and the score was close for the first couple of frames. This week however, the defense, that looked really good on paper, failed to live up to its potential. In one inning, I think there might have been 4 errors. I know it grew more incredible each time the ball clanged off a glove.
Misplays aside, the game wasn't a blow out, I bowed out after 6 and Sean came into pitch the rest. He did well, but made the mistake of leaving one in the wheelhouse for Mitch, who got all of it and matched with his speed, made it good for a two run home run that was our death knell. Carter gave way to Storm and then Daniel, but the damage had been done already and the visitors were never able to mount an effective comeback.
Final score- 7-4
* Our defensive woes aside, we turned a sweet double play and almost turned another
* In what has become tradition, Lattig and Adam traded great plays at first
* Tony had a rough day, bad hops and miscalculated grounders and he hit the hell out of a ball only to see it go directly to the right fielder
* Milo and Theo helped organize the gear, then were distracted by electronic gadgetry and the skate park.
* I struck out twice, and popped out to 2nd. Obviously I need to come out more
* Some more nice catches in foul ground
* In the ill-fated inning, we were given a charity out by virtue of a infield fly rule, and yes, the ball was dropped