Tuesday, August 21, 2012

8/11/12- SQ A's vs. MBC

The long and the short of it is that we got destroyed.

Phelps- CF
Snyder- C
Bartlett- 3B
Powell- SS
Daley- P
Stone- LF
Bowling- RF
McGrath- 2B
Smith- 1B

13-2 Final.

Their pitcher Dewey had at least 16 K's and most of those were with the old fashioned hard stuff.  Satch threw 6 and felt decent, had about 6 K's.  Johnny Bartlett managed to shut them down for the most part, where I could not.

The A's are definitely the dominant team of the SQ pen this year.  They beat the Giants in a nail biter, that apparently got a little heated, as you might imagine.

Highlights:

* Everyone struck out at least once I think.

* The home umpire was not giving us an inch, and he gave the A's a foot.

* No home runs

* The A's 3rd hitter nearly killed me with a line drive up the middle.

* I didn't notice that many more people on the yard, everyone was friendly

* One guy heckled me by saying, "Hey Man, it's alright, I weigh 320 too!"

* Phelps held us up forgetting his license in SF.....his girlfriend gets extra points for delivering it across the bridge

* I managed to do what I hate most, swung at a pitch while Powell was stealing, and even worse, popped up for a double play, double damn!

* We had 2 of everything, runs, errors, hits

* I hit three people, all with slow slow slow changeups and knuckles.  One guy tried to stay in the box and get his at bat

* Greg was the victim of the SQ right field play

* Phelps scored from 2nd and ripped his pants proper

* Ke played SS, threw out everybody that didn't K, and did pushups in between at bats, to " get some juice in his bum shoulder."

A good time.  A bad effort.

S. Paige

No comments: