The doldrums continued, although we managed to eke out a pretty good game with 7-8. The weather was beautiful and mound at West Sunset was in better shape than it has been for a while. Carter and Johnny started for the teams and pitched the first 5 innings, both having good luck and back luck and MBC luck.
While the visitors drew first blood, it was mostly the homers game to begin with. We had a run here and there, but we seemed to be over-matched for power when Rich put a ball damn near above the treeline in right field. This thing was still rising when it hit a top branch. Serious home run.
The visitors scrambled their way back to a tie game, thanks to some clutch hitting and Mission fielding. Johnny and Carter swapped out for Will and Satch, respectively. For some reason, Will's pitching was exactly what the visitors were looking for, and we started spraying hits all over the field. Satch kept the big bats at bay or at least got around the big bats and got someone else out. Either way, the homers were stymied, and the visitors came out victorious to the tune of an 11-5 final.
* Rich's home run was a thing to behold
* New guy Dan had some nice hits and looked like he know what he was doing. He agreed that league guys were dicks
* John McG had two slides in one trip around the bases that were painful to watch and probably painful to experience The slide in to second was a late decision, but not terrible. The slide into third was a headfirst belly flop/stumble dive that broke his sunglasses and luckily no bones. His slide later in the game looked great!
* Some real nice line drives
* Tony made a nice catch in center, after losing one in the glove
* The Return of Red Sox Will, and he got a hit
Can't find the time to finish this, anyone remember other highlights.