Thursday, March 5, 2009

Don't Jinx it you say, what have we got to lose, I say.

FridayPartly cloudy. Highs in the upper 50s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph.

Friday NightPartly cloudy. Lows in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph decreasing to 5 to 10 mph after midnight.

SaturdayPartly cloudy. Highs in the mid 50s to lower 60s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Saturday NightPartly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s.

SundayMostly sunny. Highs in the 50s.

Sunday Night and MondayPartly cloudy. Lows in the mid 40s. Highs in the upper 50s.




So, if things go right, and everyone brings a rake, we should have a game this week. There, I said it. If we don't blame the forecasters for getting my hopes up.

Top Five things that convince me that I need to play baseball sooner rather than later:

5. Cleaning the house is not as much fun as clearing the bases

4. In boring work meetings, I find myself thinking about creative ways to throw pitches

3. Real exercise sucks- baseball exercise rules

2. The game on Sunday makes the weekend seem like you accomplished more than got drunk and spent money that you didn't have.

1. I can't stand people who pontificate for hours about the game, and then you ask if they ever played, and it's always, Oh, the coach was an asshole, or Yeah, but then I didn't like competing, or No, but you don't have to play to know about it...Talking about baseball is what old guys and frustrated nerds do. Playing baseball is what real fans do.

PLAY BALLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

unmusical said...

"Talking about baseball is what old guys and frustrated nerds do."

....except on this blog.

S. Paige said...

Yeah, I should have clarified.

You can talk about baseball all you want, if you also get your ass out there and play.