Short Summary: We had a bunch of good timers out to the Cop Field, the weather wasn't perfect but it wasn't shitty either. Johnny and Satch squared off in a complete game duel, and the back and forth of the game was one of the betters in recent memory. The teams featured a New guy who had a great time, and loads of thrills and spills.
Both pitchers had to endure some hard luck innings where nothing seemed to get caught, and we also had some great one two three kind of innings so go figure.
After a long fought battle, Johnny's Homers eliminated a 2 run lead in the bottom of the ninth to win the game. It was barely 5 o'clock when we finished so we played a 2 inning exhibition, and true to form, the Homers won that too, giving James 2 victories in one day, and no reason to ever complain about losing again....just kidding.
* Great game pitched by both sides, Johnny my cap is tipped to ya
* Defense was a little flighty, getting even the best of us, Chris Powell dropped a pop fly! ( Of course he caught another one while running back and over his shoulder, beginning to be known as a Powell Pop up).
* Tony Rojas had a rough day.
* Bob HBP +1, again it took extra innings to happen, I tried to hit his bat earlier, and failed
* James looked more confident on the bump this time, in our exhibition
* It slips my mind, but someone made a hell of a nice bunt too, if anyone remembers, holler!
* Greg made a nice foul ball catch when we needed it, and Jon Spack, made a even fancier one, spinning around a few times first, and then just putting out the glove like he knew where it was all along
* New guy made a nice catch in right field, and later ignored everyone yelling at him to throw it home from third, with the bases loaded, 1 out and the score tied. Oh well, its a learning curve
* I finally got a legitimate hit with the new wood bat, it sounded great, and felt even better!
I still need a good name for it though. So far I got:
- Foe Hammer
- The Peacemaker
- Cricket Stick
- War Club
- The Oar
- The Hogleg
Same time, same place