Sorry this is so behind, but sometimes you eat the bar and sometimes the bar, well, he eats you....
The game after the SQ win took place on a beautiful day out in the Sunset. I brought along lil' Satch, who refused to sleep on the way over. But luckily, Ed's kids were there, and kept him in line and in the game. We had the best and neatest row of helmets and bats, thanks to Theo, Milo, and T.
Ryan started for the homers, and Greg (?) for the visitors. Or maybe it was the other way around. Bad when you try to remember something from three weeks ago.
Ted, from the Brooklyn Ramblers came out and played with us, so he could see first hand what the Club was like. And he did great holding down second base and had a couple of hits and a RBI. He did a real nice write up of the SQ game as well, which you can read here.
Satch entered the game in the 4th, and threw 3. In the midst of those 3 innings we tied up and then lost the the lead. I remember that part....and it was all my fault, or maybe, to look on it more positively, it was the fault of the great hitting of the other team.
Either way, I bowed out, Josh came in, raring to go, but couldn't find his rhythm, though he didn't give up any runs, and left it at one inning. Sean entered for the homers and did what he does best.
After that, it gets hazy.
Things I remember:
* Sean played a fine lefty 2nd base
* The other team had a lot of well placed hits
* Finally had an extra base hit, it seems like it has been a long time
* Bob had the go ahead RBI's as retribution for striking out earlier.
* James showed up late, and played in the Cal Academy of Science gear.
* The final score was 5-4, and everyone thought we played 10 innings but I am pretty sure it was just a long 9.