I found this old post when I was noodling around recently, and thought it would be interesting to update with the changes in the last 7 years.
The first thing that anyone can notice is that there are a lot less write ups per year, mostly due to the fact that I have two kids and a wife now that demand a lot of my time. Still, I am averaging about 40% attendance, if you count the write-ups as times when I for sure played.
I wrote up this list in 2011, and the updated information is added in red to reflect status or a growing list at the end to incorporate the new dope. The overarching theme is that the core is pretty much the same, and that the MBC has been repopulating the world in the last few years.
- Sean is still striking lots of people out- Not as many as he used to, but Sean's capacity to play any position well is more notable.
- Bob is still getting HBP, and hitting big drives- Still valid
- Satch is still throwing a knuckleball- You better believe it! My change up sees a lot more use though, and I can throw it for a strike most times
- Mitch is still THE deciding defensive factor- I would add to this: James, Chris P
- Johnny still throws a lot of complete games- I wish this were still true. We lost the regular attendance of one of our most stalwart players to a embolic stroke in April, 2013. He still comes out for the doubleheader, but it’s not the same.
- Noah eats a lot of innings- Noah is in the midst of the new daddy business, I bet he would eat a lot of innings if he had the chance though
- Nick Smith still hits the other way, and grunts a lot while doing it- He’s older and grumpier now, but that is all that has changed
- Cagle still bunts and has good defensive skills and gets caught stealing- Brian Cagle went AWOL a few years back. He was a good guy
- JT can tell you the runs scored, the runners left on, and the total score before most of us comprehend what we are talking about- Still very relevant, it’s like he isn’t even trying to poison his brain with substances and bad decisions
- Tony still makes every play look pretty and pitches well in the late innings- Tony has become a premier starting pitcher, going deep into games, has a great curveball. He still looks pretty on defense, though his error rate may have gone up a little
- Greg catches a lot, and seems to be involved in a lot of clutch moments- Up until a few weeks ago, then that stupid knee thing. Hope this becomes the regular again
- Gaspar is still hitting lots of foul balls and balls the other way, then as soon as you think you got the goods, he hits up the middle- Gaspar is married. But everything else in this sentence is exactly the same
- Lattig's B.A. is about .890- Shoulder issues may account for the drop in his average to only .754 is the last few years
- Noah and Dustin still enjoy the Jamison- I heard this happened again just few weeks ago, Noah’s sweat was testing at 70 proof
- Girgus is still 90% attitude, when he shows up, which is never- Girgus moved to Echo Park, opened his own barbershop, and is doing well. He cut Bill Lee’s hair recently
- Phelps has excelled in making himself a power at each position he has taken- Phelps is in the same boat as me, probably wants to play a lot more than he does. And he likes to keep it fresh at 2nd and 3rd sometimes
- Ed is an RBI machine- Ed’s RBI totals have dropped, at least it seems that way. Maybe just less chances
- Richie is still a frustrating batter to throw to- Still true, I don’t even try anymore, just throw strikes and hope he hits it right at someone
- Nero is still agile and nimble at 3rd- It’s a mysterious thing, given that Nero is not the agilest of players that the MBC fields
- Stoner makes it out once every five weeks, and still likes sliding for fly balls- Aww, Stoner. Rarely seen anymore, but he was out not too long ago, and had a very Stoner-ish slide
- Chris hits the hell out of the ball and has great range at SS- Abso-fucking-lutely
- Duane's triple record may never be broken- I forgot all about Duane’s triples. We haven’t seen Duane in a while, I am not sure if it’s extended DL or timing
- Adam is still a master of the scoop at 1st- This is truer than ever. I would say that Nick S., Sean P and Lattig should be added to this list
- Nero, Bob, Adam, Greg, Ed, Noah, Rojas, Gaspar, Tim are all still ready and willing to strap on the tools of ignorance- Yes! Also James, Don, Nick , Jimmy
- The MBC East (Brooklyn Ramblers) are still going strong, Saturday mornings- By all accounts, bigger and better each year. We have had a few visitors from the Ramblers, all good people
- Kvoriak still impresses all with the deep drives- I bet he would if he ever played anymore, quitter.
- Infield and short outfield pop ups still plague us as the hardest plays to make- Yeah, they still suck.
- The addition of Coney Island James gives both teams a chance to have a guy who can hit, run, throw, and argue
- Elvin came in as a law student and a right-hander, now he is a left-hander and passed the CA Bar. It took a while, but I think he is proficient. I cannot vouch for the lawyer part
- Speaking of lawyers: Abe, John McG, both great players, both lawyers.
- John McG has gone lefty as well, in response to an injury and has also contributed to the future of the game, with his two boys Liam and Aiden, who are both great players
- Nick W. aka Magnum PI, has become a regular, and can play everywhere, and dig up dirt on everyone too
- The era of Sonny the pitcher has been born, frustrating everyone who hits off him
- John Carey is in college. Bob must be really old!
- Loren disappeared for a long while, but now seems to be back, 30lbs lighter and in the midst of an extended hitting slump
- We had Rich J coming regular for a while, who plays like a real professional, but he is in the midst of new daddy world as well
- Carter started the FuckFace Bat Co. He also is a new daddy, but his drop off in attendance is too severe for just that. He is the default Deserter trophy winner until further notice
- Daniel D. was a regular, with a lot of fashion savvy. He moved to Portland like a chump, though we tried to warn him, then moved back less than a year later. He is currently in Monterey and also a new daddy.
- Doc has continued to show up occasionally but in umpire capacity. Always a pleasure
- West Sunset has been rehabbed and is now the nicest field we play on
- Abe, Adam, and Randy combined for the only documented triple play in MBC history, it all went down November 13, 2016
- I don't think I have used a metal bat in several years
- Skateboarding is one of the biggest dangers to a MBCers health
- Dennis is back and we are calling for performance enhancing drug testing
- Elvin is the first player to win Rookie of the Year twice, once for right-handed, once for left-handed
- Who has more to add to this list??????
lebron james shoes
golden goose sneakers
nike air max 2019
nike air max 270
calvin klein underwear
michael jordan shoes
air max 2018
my companygo to this web-site check over heretry this click siteGet More Information
w3e54u2z18 w2q61v9g02 c3s58i5s49 c0d98k4d17 b4e89y8i40 d3c21r3m93
Post a Comment