What a cold foggy affair. We could all hear our taxes getting burned up in the sky, as the roaring Blue Angels were heard but not seen. We managed to get enough for a game, but out of the kindness of our stupid hearts, we agreed to let the league game before us play their last inning, which they insisted in part, was because it was a super close game. So we did, and 30 minutes later, and several runs scored, the game still wasn't over. Hmmmm. So, we took the field quickly and got to it. Satch for the homers and HR for the visitors. And for the second week in a row, I threw a complete game. It felt good, and not too much soreness today. HR was pitching well, had a very sneaky curveball that was lights out when it was working.
The homers drew first blood to the tune of 2 runs, and the visitors answered back with 1. Then we answered back again with 2 more, and....the visitors did not. I place the reasons solely on our defense, which was awesome all day. Kenball in left field made several tall man catches, Mike N at 2nd, and Nick at SS (for the first time, as far as I could tell) were locked in. Lynch made his usual picks at 3rd, and Gaspar and McG were walls behind the plate all day. Alejandro came late, but filled in at all positions.
HR gave way to Chris Powell after the first 3rd, and Chris was pumping strikes, but his loss at SS is always the downfall of his presence on the mound. Lattig finished the game for the visitors and Greg was a stalwart behind the dish all game. I think the visitors had at least 2 double plays on the day. It was a weird game for hitting, a lot of bloops that fell in or balls hit straight to people. Our baserunners were fooled by things that looked like they had to be hits, only to be caught. The visitors also had the lil'est player of the day, a young boy with a very long Italian name. I want to say Lucciano, but that may be wrong. He tried real hard, and hit the ball well, got on base, and almost caught one in right field.
In any case, the homers stretched the lead to 6-2 towards the end of the game, and we started to play for outs any cost. We were helped by a couple of balls that barely went foul, and one squibber up the first base line that stayed fair until Nick picked it up while standing on the bag.
The visitors made an attempt for a comeback, but it was too little too late, and the final score was 6-4.
* Kenball with 3 RBIs and as many, or more, running catches in left field
* James had a semi-tough day at the plate, and to break it up, he hit left handed his last at bat. He smoked the ball, but it got to center too quickly and I was out at 2nd.
* Poor Loren got a workout in left field, against his wishes
* All of our 1st basemen did a great job of coming off the bag to get the ball and then tag the runner
* The sky was so gray that it made it hard to see the ball
* Fuck the band. They have thrown us over for the Olde Tyme league.
* I don't think I struck out a single person, but I did have a 4 pitch inning.
* Mike N may have had the deep drive of the day, but there were several contenders
* We did get Powell in a pickle and pulled it off successfully.
* Mike N also took a hard ground ball right in the sternum, and still managed to make the play
* Lynch smoked a ball to right
* I was on base 3 times, but I don't think I ever made it to 3rd.
pg slot99 เกมสล็อต ค่าย พีจี ถือเป็นค่าย เกมสล็อตออนไลน์ มาแรงตลอดหลายปี ที่ผ่านมา เปิดตัวใหม่ มาใน รูปแบบเกมสล็อต 3D มีเกมสล็อต น่าสนุกตื่นเต้น ที่นักเดิมพัน ในการเข้าเล่น
Post a Comment